Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, October 7, 2011

Corpse Bride



GENRE : Animation | Fantasy | Musical

PLOT : A shy groom practices his vows and accidentally  proposes a corpse bride to which she rises from grave and accepts.

REVIEW : The first thing is that am not a fan of musicals at all and I was not aware till I saw it. Tim Burton has made a good attempt in creating a dark fantasy in 3d animation. But still it feels as if the things are rushed a lot and a lot is happening quickly without creating an impression in our mind. The only character I can remember is of the bride which is crafted beautifully. Being a musical it had to have some fine score and songs but to a big disappointed I can't even recall anything.  Now coming to technical aspects, the visuals are stunning and the screenplay is designed to be a little scary in some places. Therefore am sure kids won't like it. The theme is nice but script don't hold to it and I don't know but there is some problem that it failed to gain my applause. There is no character development which is very disappointing as it ends suggesting nothing. For me its overly rated may be due to Tim Burton but its not more than an average movie which will serve for a limited audience only.

RATING : - - - - 5 - - - - -

TRAILER 






No comments:

Post a Comment